- Post the rules that are a part of this game
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
- Tag eleven people and link to them on your post
- Let them know you’ve tagged them! (but of course)
I like this game, because it’s so creative and indiscriminate! So I have taken care of rule number one, on to the questions set forth by phoenix0612.
1) Why do you blog? What’s your favourite thing about it?
I blog because for me, writing is in my soul and a necessary extension of myself. I’ve kept regular diaries and journals since I was eight, and blogging is another way of doing that (though I do still keep the private pen-and-paper versions). My very favorite thing has got to be the connections I have found with other people: friends, family, and even just acquaintances that I have from it.
2) Who is your favourite author?
Urgh. . . do I have to pick one?! Okay. I’ll say Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. (though I do so love Charles Dickens, Jack Kerouac, Edith Wharton, Jane Austen, Hunter S. Thompson, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Aldous Huxley, and oh my, how the list goes on. . .)
3) One thing about yourself you will like to change.
Umm. . . Hmm. . . Nope. Actually, I’m delighted with me, just as I am. Every line, every flaw, every scar, every crack.
4) If you could swap your life with someone, who would it be?
Absolutely no one. If I could be someone else for maybe a day, just to see. . . I think I would choose someone with a severe physical disability or illness, or someone with a lot of external limitations placed upon them. I know about mental illness, not so much about other factors limiting. But really, it would be no good, because you cannot understand things like that in just one day. Hmm. . .
5) Describe yourself in three words
loving, irrepressible, lovely
6) What are your hobbies?
I enjoy yoga, beautifying and pampering myself (playing with makeup and clothes, taking hot baths, painting my nails, trying things out with my hair, you know), blowing bubbles, reading Cosmopolitan magazine, browsing for more books to add to my collection, watching old television shows and classic films.
7) How did you come across teenage babbling?
I honestly cannot give you a definitive answer to that one. I have so many blogs that have led me to so many other blogs, via blogrolls, comments, and mentions. I would bet it was probably something of that nature!
8) If you get a free ticket to any place in the world where will it be?
This one changes from moment to moment. At this moment I’m going with Egypt (sans violence and unrest). I would so love to take a trek on camel to see the pyramids, and so many other things.
9) What will your autobiography called?
For years it was going to be titled It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time. Then I moved on to Walking Gets Too Boring When You Learn How To Fly. I’ve cooked up another one, but it isn’t ready for public consumption yet (which is kind of hilarious, as I would never actually write an autobiography).
10) What is the last book you read?
The Name Of This Book Is Secret, by pseudonymous bosch. It was suggested to me by my Babygirl (age 12), and I loved it!
11) One word/phrase you love using.
Antithetical. I love this word for many, many reasons.
Next come the questions I have cooked up.
- How long is your spine (stand up very straight, hold a measuring tape as high up as you can feel your cervical – top – vertebrae, then let it drop and measure the distance to where you feel your tailbone)?
- What is one quality that really stands out to you as wonderful in the majority of humanity?
- What was the name of your very first pet (if you had none, feel free to substitute the name of a good friend, younger sibling, anything you feel is appropriate)?
- What does the phrase ‘Carpe diem’ mean to you, personally?
- How do you feel about wearing socks?
- If you could only pick one, would you eat the frosting, the cake, or the ice cream?
- Have you ever read Catch-22 by Joseph Heller, and if you have, what did you think of it?
- What is your very favorite movie ever?
- How long is your hair (no need to measure on this one, a general-ish idea will do)?
- If you could choose one thing to totally change in the behavior of individuals so that we could function better as a world, what would it be?
- What is your favorite quotation?
Okay, that was fun. Now I will reveal the folks I want the answers from. Keep in mind that I am honestly thinking about this, so if I tag you it’s because: A) I genuinely want to know your answers, and B) I think that you will actually take the time to participate. Don’t make me sad and say no, please!
And, so we’re clear, I know many of the people I am tagging have been struggling mightily. I’m kind of hoping that something light-hearted like this will allow you to put the hard things aside for a few moments, and have a bit of fun.
11 Blogs/Bloggers I Very Much Hope Will Play Along (alphabetically by blog):
- As the Pendulum Swings
- bi[polar] curious
- Bipolar For Life
- Disorderly Chickadee
- Just another teen blogger
- Lady Barefoot Baroness
- Manic Monday
- Manic Muses
- The Mirth of Despair
- Raison d’etre
© Ruby Tuesday and I Was Just Thinking. . . 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Ruby Tuesday and I Was Just Thinking. . . with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. This work is protected under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.