(Background for this little exercise can be found in the post This Time, I’ll Play (Part Two).)
1. What is your favourite song of all time, and why? If it is a song that you relate to in some way, personally or it just describes you and your life, please say why
Simon and Garfunkel’s “The Boxer” has been my favorite song since I was quite young. I think at that age I just enjoyed the music to it, and the fact that even when I was very small I could sing along to “lie-la-lie. . .” As I have gotten older, I enjoy and relate to the more complex lyrics, particularly the verse:
In the clearing stands a boxer
And a fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders
Of every glove that laid him down
Or cut him till he cried out
In his anger and his shame
“I am leaving, I am leaving”
But the fighter still remains. . .
2. If you had to lose your sight or your hearing permanently, which would you give up and why?
For almost all of my life my instinctual, emphatic answer would have been hearing, because I read and I write as my primary occupations, and those two things are much more difficult – though not impossible – to do without the use of one’s eyes. But because of recent experiences, the way I have found music stays with me when nothing else in this world does, I would pick the loss of sight over hearing.
3. Do you believe in “sixth sense”? What do you believe? Do you believe intuition is part of a sixth sense?
According to its very definition, sixth sense includes intuition. I believe that some people are able to make better use of all of their senses, and I also believe there is an infinite number of factors that have not yet been named, defined, and neatly classified (most never will) which are responsible for perception in humans.
4. Dogs or cats? Discuss
Keeping as pets, eating, watching, being around a houseful, chasing, better hunters, cleaner? I need more context.
5. Have you ever experienced a life changing “movie” moment? (Good or bad) Describe.
No, neither. My life rarely plays out like any kind of movie.
6. Is honesty always the best policy?!
7. Hope or torture? Digress
Again, I would need more context with which to do so. Which do I prefer? Can they be both sides of the same thing? Which is more prevalent in the world?
8. ”A heart can be broken, but it still keeps beating away just the same” – do you believe broken hearts can be mended?
9. Ever read a book that changed your life? Go
I have read many books that have affected my life profoundly, but I cannot say that any have explicitly changed it in and of themselves. They all connect as puzzle pieces within the context of my life and changes in it.
10. Ever danced in the rain? When, why, how did it feel? (I stole this one!)
Yes, so often I cannot remember, because I wanted to, and the last is intimate and also occasion-dependent.
11. I believe we can’t exist without having faith in something. Do you have a faith? If so, what is it and why do you believe in it? For example, I believe in the power of love…
Right at this moment I believe in the power of the National Hockey League, because there are games being played and just over two weeks to the playoffs. ;)
© Ruby Tuesday and I Was Just Thinking. . . 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Ruby Tuesday and I Was Just Thinking. . . with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. This work is protected under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.